Tea & Card Swaps

Saturday 7 July 2012

Origami Shirt and Tie

Another tea swap card (June). The theme for this one was "masculine".

Being so close to Father's Day, I thought of making a tie card. Since I don't have a die cutting machine (yet), I thought origami would be the way to go. I found a great video tutorial and instructions for making this card HERE .



  The tie is origami, made with a 4 inch square.
I used tiny buttons for the collar and a metal stick on as a tie pin.
I think it's the cutest thing ever!


 I also made an envelope and teabag or "treats" holder.

The paper is from the Jen Wilson "Complete Boy" collection by My Mind's Eye.

 
Here's instructions for the tie that you can print. Just click on the diagram to enlarge it.

Use a 4X4" piece of paper to make the tie.

Diagram courtesy of Origami Club
~ ~ ~ ~ ~



2 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card! Love the button detail on the collar and the "tie tack" too! This is so charming! Thanks for joining my blog and leaving such a charming comment.
:) Jill

Karen said...

Hi Jill,

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog too!