Tea & Card Swaps

Friday 3 August 2012

Cute Little Mouse


I just started stamping. I have no experience with colouring stamps at all. The idea of using alcohol markers (Copics) was daunting. There seems to be a lot of technique required and wow are they expensive to buy here in Canada!

I perused web sites for alternatives, and thought I'd try the colour pencil-solvent method. I am allergic to most solvents, so I decided to use baby oil (it comes unscented). I still have a lot of practising to do, but for a first attempt, I am pretty pleased with the result on this cute little mouse.

I shelled out some cash for a set of 12 Prismacolor pencils, but found that plain old Crayolas work just as well.

I used...

"Pringles" the mouse stamp from Whipper Snapper
Crayola and Prismacolor pencils
Paper from the "Lizzy Collection" by Anna Griffin

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 comments:

Les... said...

that is a WAYYYYYYYY cute mouse card!! you sure have some special talent! *VBS*

me said...

:)